Thursday, August 30, 2007

Falling in Love With Jesus


While so many young maidens long for romantic relationships,
few realize that it’s already there!
We are loved with an Everlasting Love,
and our ‘Prince’ is waiting for us with His arms open.
We long for someone who loves us, understands us, listens to us,
protects and cares for us – is crazy about us!
As I mentioned in a previous post,

this is a good desire… a God-given desire.
Doesn’t it only make sense that the One who instills
these desires knows how to fulfill them?
What is important to realize is that marriage on Earth
represents our relationship with Christ.
Everything that we desire in marriage,

we have completely in the Lord!

A while ago I was searching for some ideas,
and came across a ‘Divorce Proofing Your Marriage’ list
and got some ideas of how to fall in love with Jesus.
I altered some of the list and added some of my own to fit my subject.


§
Make our relationship the most important thing.
§
Go the extra mile to serve.
§ Be a good listener

read His ‘Love Letter’ to us. (the Bible)
§ Spend quality time alone with Him

Just go to a quiet place and talk with Him. Have ‘dates’ with Jesus!
§ Say “I love you” a lot

frequently tell Him of your love and affection.
§
Make Him our best friend.
§ Praise, and not criticize

don’t complain or be angry with Him when something didn’t
go our way; rather thank Him for what He brings upon us.
He uses troubles to draw us closer to Him.
§ Be quick to ask forgiveness.
§ Go places / do work together

do things with Him, keeping Him in our mind and talking to Him.
I frequently find myself just talking out aloud to Jesus…
He’s really there and does listen!
§ Give gifts to Him

surrender what He asks for (our time, talent, etc...).
§ Look the best we can for Him

He is a neat and orderly God. When I get dressed, I like to think,
“Lord, what do you want me to wear?”
§ Tell others about Him

A bride-to-be has trouble finding anything else to talk about
then that she’s getting married, and all about her fiancé!
How much more should we tell others about the One Who has won our heart!
§ Take an interest in things that interest Him

Funny how a girl ‘in-love’ starts to take interest in her
‘special someone’s’ interests, that, maybe,
she never really thought of before! – “Study” Jesus.
Get to know Him better and enjoy the things
He does as well as despise the things He hates.

Falling in love with Jesus isn’t some make-believe fantasy…
it’s not just something to help us ‘survive’ until a husband comes along.
Knowing Jesus… it’s a real thing – He’s not a ‘pretend friend’.
He’s there… always was, is and will be.


“Delight thyself in the Lord;
and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.”
Psalm 37:4


"Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest
the desire of every living thing."
Psalm 145:16

5 comments:

The Patriot said...

Hi Alexandra!

I like your blog, and especially your profile; with the part about the knight in shining armor! I think it's awesome your dad is a Marine. :)

Keep up the good work! God bless you,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Alexandra,

I'm in 8th grade this year...(My southern accent is REALLY kicking in! Several times I've spelled things the way I say them! Such as I just spelled 'year' 'yar', although I don't say it with that much accent! ROFL) I'm just taking one high school credit this year.

Some people that have met me from my blog call me Brittany Rose, but I go by Brittany. It doesn't really matter... My siblings call me Brit, Brittna', Bitney...get the idea? It's just that they can't say it right, so that's what it sounds like! It's cute though! My nick-name is Sissy. The reason that's my nick-name is not that I'm a 'sissy', but that I'm a sister or sissy to my siblings. =0) Dalton's is 'Bubba', Samuel is 'Sambo', Bethany is 'Monkey', Joyanna is 'Boo boo'. Bethany and Joyanna usally go by thier nick-names. Nick Sorrell,(20) LOVES Joyanna! He calls her Boo-boo and wants to hold her all the time!


~Brittany~

Ps. The 'Al' thing was funny...

Anonymous said...

thats a great post,and i know that you gear your blog towards encouraging young ladies, but young men can and should take notes for their own lives.
anyway, keep up the encouraging work. and i'm praying for you and your family.

Autumn said...

This was really good Ally.
If we thought about and treated the Lord like that, our minds wouldn't be full of thinking about wanting a boyfriends etc.
Thanks. You inspire me every time you write a post!

Katie said...

I just went thru and read all the post you had on preparing for marriage. I enjoyed them very much. They were very encouraging! Every single young lady would do good to remember all of that info. Keep up the good work, and God bless!

Katie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin