Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dear Mom... Week 2

MONDAY AUGUST 23
 Like most Mondays around home, it was a slow & sleepy morning.
I cleaned, made finishing touches to my shopping list, and rested.

TUESDAY AUGUST 24
 We all awoke early, anticipating a field trip out with Dad.
He took us to the USS Midway, a ship that fought in WW2,
and happens to be 'parked' in downtown San Diego. :-)
It was a fun time as Dad showed us around, since it was similar
to a ship he had been deployed on previously.
We also go to look at cool jets and bombs!! :-)


WEDNESDAY AUGUST 25
 Mom drove me around where I needed to go,
so I could pick up my last-minute things for college.
I was blessed to be able to get a pair of shoes that
meet the dress code, and matched my budget!
Afterwards, we all enjoyed a pound of assorted chocolates
using a gift card a friend gave us for See's Chocolates. YUM!

THURSDAY AUGUST 26
 My little brother wanted to bless us all by making
chocolate chip pancakes... all on his own!
It was a bittersweet moment watching my 'baby brother'
flipping pancakes on the hot skillet!
Later, I packed nearly everything, except the last-minute things.
I also made a blog post (below) of what the Lord's been teaching me.

FRIDAY AUGUST 27
 Enjoying my last day at home with my family,
everyone was sure to make it special for me!
Mom took me out thrift storing & bought me some new clothes.
Later we went to the dining area of my choice,
and the children showered me with hugs, kisses, & drawings.
I enjoyed one last tea time with my 'tea buddy',
and headed off to finish packing everything.
After enjoying homemade sourdough pizza with my family,
I went and played the Wii for the children.
Today was a bittersweet day!

SATURDAY AUGUST 28
 The day that seemed to be so far off, has finally come!
Today Dad and I set off towards college.
We'll be getting a hotel, becoming familiar with the town,
and spending our last moments together (goofing off, I'm sure! lol)
I'm excited about meeting a few friends, hearing great preaching,
getting my dorm, and planning out my schoolyear!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin