These have become a family favorite over the years.
We named it "cakie" because they taste like little mini cakes.
COCOA DROP COOKIES
from Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Cookbook
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup softened butter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup milk or water
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, butter, egg, cocoa, milk, & vanilla.
3. Stir in flour, soda, salt, and nuts.
4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfulls on greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched.
6. If desired, frost with chocolate frosting:
Heat 2oz of unsweetened chocolate and 2TBSP butter over low heat
until melted; remove from heat. Stir in 3TBSP water and 2cups
powdered sugar until smooth.