I made these for the first time last night for our church fellowship.
They're the perfect light snack for a small get together.
They don't last long, so I recommend making a double batch!
CHOCOLATE MERINGUE STARS
from Taste of Home Baking Book (photo courtesy of cookbook)
3 egg whites
3/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Beat egg whites and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form.
2. Gradually add sugar, beating on high until stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold in cocoa
4. Insert a #8b tip into a pastry bag; fill with meringue.
5. Pipe stars, about 1-1/4 in in diameter, or drop by rounded
teaspoonfuls onto ungreased parchment paper.
6. Bake at 300 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Remove from paper; cool on wire racks.
1. Melt 3 squares of semisweet chocolate and 1 TBSP of shortening.
2. Dip cookies halfway into glaze; place on wax paper until set.