Monday, August 10, 2009

Young Maiden's Daybook - August 10



Today…
August 10, 2009 :
Yesterday was my parent's anniversary =)

Outside my window…
Sunshine! We've finally been getting a break in all the rain!

It's still very hot, though.

I am thinking…
Of the things I will be needing to do today.

I am thankful…

For great encouragement from God's House yesterday!

I am wearing…
Pajamas... I'm not sure what I'll wear today.

I am reading…
2 Chronicles, Psalms, Proverbs, Ezekiel, Mark, Titus;

"A Heart For God" by Dr.Paul Chapel

I am creating…

Christmas gifts for everyone... not real far off.


One of my favorite things…
When missionaries visit!
Yesterday we had the Stipps from Spain... it's always so
encouraging to see people answering God's Great Commission!

For education this week…

"homecollege" =)
preparing to be a Keeper at Home, for the mission field,
and studying Bibliography, Theology, & Christology this month.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning...

Motherhood skills and interacting with young children.

A spiritual lesson I'm learning...
Really staying focused on the eternal perspective...
anything I achieve or do in my flesh will just burn someday.
I need to really be "laying up treasures in heaven".

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Charity.

Scripture I am memorizing…
I'll be reviewing my old ones,

as well as hopefully finding more.

I'm praying for…
The Lord to send more missionaries out!


For the rest of the week…
Keeping up the house, hopefully

start sewing the young girls some dresses I cut out,
listening to more sermons,
spend extra time with my wonderful Savior,
and whatever else the Lord sees fit to send my way.

A picture I’d like to share...
A cardinal I shot a pic of a few years ago and added a verse:


"I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait,
and in his word do I wait.
My soul waiteth for the LORD more than they that
watch for the morning; I say, more than they that
watch for the morning."
Psalms 130:5-6

Have a great week!

To learn how to participate, click
HERE.

If you participate, please leave a direct link
to your Daybook post in the Mister Linky below
or in the comments section of this post. Thank you! ;o)




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin