Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Are You a Wild Grape?


{photo courtesty allposters.com}

About a month ago, I was brought to tears in my quiet time.
I thought I'd share those tear-provoking thoughts.

Here's what I read:
Isaiah 5:
"1. ...My wellbeloved hath a vineyard in a very fruitful hill:
2. And he fenced it, and gathered out the stones thereof,
and planted it with the choicest vine,
and built a tower in the midst of it, and also made a winepress therein:
and he looked that it should bring forth grapes,

and it brought forth wild grapes.
3. And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah,
judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard.
4. What could have been done more to my vineyard,

that I have not done in it? wherefore,
when I looked that it should bring forth grapes,
brought it forth wild grapes?"


I am in His vineyard!
Verse 2 explains how He took care of it,
protected it, and expected good things of it.
And yet, it yielded wild grapes.

I looked back and saw how Christ 'planted' me,
took care of me, protected me, provides for me.
He expects me to bear Him fruit!
But how many times I have failed Him.
So many times I've grieved Him.

In verse 4, He asks "What could have been done
more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it?"
What more could Christ have done for me?
He's already done so much for us...
how much have we done for Him?

Oh, how we need to really be living for Christ

and bringing forth fruit for Him!

1 comment:

Tobitha said...

Thank you for sharing your heart in this. We are a selfish people, aren't we? I know that I am selfish and don't give to him what He deserves. This was really good. God bless you,
Tobitha

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin