Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Trip To Michigan for Christmas

I'm back!
We went to Michigan for a week and a half :)
I was so glad to be in my "homestate" for this Christmas!
I loved seeing all of the snow again
and visiting the whole family.
I thought I'd make a quick post
and share photos of our trip and Christmastime.

Here's some pictures of the deep snow...


The deepness compared to a car...!


Our van was covered...


All of the store parking lots looked like this...


This was a big tire on the freeway...


My favorite road in Michigan... lol

It's pronounced 'shay-ner'.
I love the way it's spelled! :)

Here was the road right after snowfall,
and right before the plowing...


The garabage cans had a hard time holding it all!


Suzie enjoyed the snow too!


Here is mom getting hit with snow
while the others were having a snowball fight...

LOL!

We had a wonderful Christmas!
But I'm glad to be here again in NC.
Stephani and her family went to their grandparents
down in Florida while we were gone too.
We both got back on Saturday and shared the homecoming together.
We later went out to get pizza...


Anyway, I shared in another post how I crocheted
everyone gifts for Christmas.
Now I can post the pictures...
(NOTE: All the patterns are ones I designed;
except the three which I give credit to)

I made a bag for my Gramma...

I know she could use it since she goes to dialysis.

This was a scrubbie for my aunt...
(I got this pattern from a potholder magazine)


A potholder for my other aunt...
(I got this pattern from the same as above)


A shawl for my great grandma...

Here I tried modeling it, but you have to look close...


A hat for Will...


Matching hats for Beth and Carolynne...



A tea cozy for mom...

And a placemat to match it...

Also a seasonal placemat...
(I got this pattern as a 'take one free' at Wal*Mart)


A cherry potholder for Mrs.Amy...
(which I forgot to give her in MI!)


A baby blanket for my cousin who has a 5mo...


I also made different potholders for
all of the ladies at our church,
but was dissapointed to realize that
I forgot to take pictures of them. :(

Here's a few things I recieved...
From my parents I got...
A new mp3 player...

I'd been hoping to get a new one,
since the one my dad loaned me had broke!
This one is much nicer too.

I also got an speaker case for it.
the mp3 player gets plugged into it
so you can listen to it without the earphones...


Oh yes, and a venti decaf mocha ;)...

I loved the holiday print they've
been using around Christmas...
Doves and snowflakes!


From Gramma and Papa I got...
Bird dishes and salt and pepper set...

(I had actually been planning on getting these sometime!)

I also got a gingerbread serving dish and oven mitt...
(and some yummy smelling lotion!)


Some cute glass owls...


And Papa's old cuckoo clock...


From my great gramma, I got a flameless candle...

It lights up by a battery and gives off a scent.
Adds a lovely touch to my room!

From my aunt and uncle I got a digital photo album...

It holds over 1,000 photos and plays mp3s.
(The photo I have displayed is a bluejay I
photographed in my backyard.)


This Sunday was the All Youth Service at our church.
I plan to post pictures and maybe videos soon :)
Today was Beth and Carolynne's dentist appointment
and tomorrow is Mom's.
Tomorrow is also our New Year's Eve service
and Friday I have a rheumatologist appointment.

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas
and have a Happy New Year!
I'll see you all next year :)

2 comments:

Brittany Watson said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year!!!
I'm glad you had a good time! Lucky you got to see a 'little' snow... ha ha. Of course we didn't see any... in person at least. Love you,
Brittany

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful CHRISTmas! You are very creative with crochet! Two of my sisters are like that. I love the tea cozy.

In answer to your question: Yes I did write a melody for my song. First I wrote part of one, then decided I did not like it so I wrote a new one - which I kept! I am glad you like it. Thank you for your praise.

I hope you have a wonderful new year!

To the KING be all the glory and Happy New Year's Eve!
Rebekah

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin