Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Weekend Review...

Busy, busy, busy!
There are so many times I want to post,
but I always find something else I need to do.
This week was especially busy with Thanksgiving.
I thought I'd share at least 10 things I'm very thankful for...

1. The wonderful gift of salvation!!!
2. A great family and church friends.
3. The privilege of audience with the King of Kings.
4. The freedom to worship the Lord and to homeschool.
5. The strength Christ gives me to face the battles.
6. The victory He gives in those battles.
7. The trials He has given me to grow me.
8. The grand piano He's giving us in church!
9. The ability to play various musical instruments.
10. Jesus' sweet fellowship,

always being there to hold my hand,
and His faithfulness of never letting go or failing me.



Wednesday evening we had a fellowship
after the church service and giving testimonies.
I made a cake for the occaision...




I also brought along my guitar and violin,
so after the service I played
while the children gathered around to sing...



I, also, played the violin while the men were moving the piano out
for the new grand piano that I mentioned we're getting!

Thursday we had a family Thanksgiving dinner...



We had ham, mashed potatoes, oreo fluff, and various other goodies.
Then afterwards, we set up the Christmas tree.
This, being a major bird lover, is my favorite ornament!



Yesterday I sewed my Christmas dress for our family photos.
Mom made hers and is now working on the girls' as I type...



Today we had some old friends visit,
which was a blessing.
I decided to give myself the day off from schoolwork
Thursday and Friday, so I'll probably catch up some today.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ally!

I love the dress, It's lovely! Is Beth and Carolynne going to have matching fabric?

Love you !

Brittany

kim said...

Your picture beside the tree is lovely. :) (The dress too!)
I'm glad ya'll had a nice Thanksgiving!!

Autumn said...

I'm glad that you had a nice thanksgiving! We did too. Our decorations were put up on Friday.
I lOVE the dress. What pattern did you use? I am a big fan of plaid this year, but it is hard to find. Are your Mom and sister going to have dresses to match yours?

The Sisters said...

We enjoyed the Pictures! Your Christmas tree is very pretty and so is your Dress! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

~Holly&Katie~

Sis. Julie said...

You did a great job on your dress!! I would love to be able to sew things like that but I haven't been able to do much else but simple skirts.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ally, how pretty you are in your dress,you did a very good job.
I am so glad you love music and can play, and for the children to sing along,your so sweet> I wasn't surprised you were nominated for best blog, your last entry really blessed me, and I will write down the scripture you used.
I love you
I Miss you
Grandma Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Hi. I just wondered if you had ever thought about sewing for others. I know myself along with many other ladies were not brought up knowing how to sew clothes. You could make some good money that way. You are so talented...just love the dress you made for yourself. ~Holly

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/mommyto7

Jessica said...

Beautiful tree!! And pretty dress too!! You did a great job. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin