Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Delicious Eggnog

I'm always excited come the holidays,
since one of my favorite drinks is "in season" Ü.
This year I thought I'd try homemade eggnog before I bought some,
and now I don't think I'll ever need to buy any again!
This recipe I got from "Better Homes & Gardens"
is even better than store bought!!

I thought I'd share the recipe:

EGGNOG
6 Beaten eggs
2 1/4 Cups Milk
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Whipping Cream
2 TBSP Sugar
Ground Nutmeg

In a large heavy saucepan mix eggs, milk, & 1/3 cup sugar.
Cook and stir over medium heat till mixture coats a metal spoon.
Remove from heat.
Cool quickly by placing pan in a sink or bowl
of ice water and stirring 1-2 minutes.
Stir in vanilla. Chill 4-24 hours.
(I ADDED SOME CHOCOLATE SYRUP BEFORE CHILLING)


Right before serving, in a bowl whip cream and 2 TBSP sugar until soft peaks form.


Fold cream mixture into eggnog. Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg.


ENJOY!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin