Sunday, May 3, 2009

Young Maiden's Daybook - May 4



Today…
May 4, 2009

Outside my window…
The gentle breeze is blowing in
a partly cloudy/sunny spring day.

I am thinking…
Though a little too hot for me,
I really like spring! (the breezes, that is.)

I am thankful for…

Getting a reply from Dr.Wile!

He sent a personal notecard
saying thanks for the note and
said he would pray for me on my graduation ;)

I am wearing…
My green paisly dress I finished.

I am reading…
1 Chronicles, Psalms, Proverbs, James, Revelation (KJB);
"Shadow of the Almighty" by Elisabeth Elliot;
"The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey;

"Bruised Reed" by Thomas Lambie
"A Woman's Walk With God" by Elizabeth George

I am creating…

Various crocheted projects.

I also hope to make some more nightgowns
for all the girls in my family.

One of my favorite things…
Sundays!!!

I love being in God's house hearing what
the Preacher has to preach on!
I love worshiping my God through the singing.

For education this week…

Rosetta Stone Modern Greek.

I also started learning Swahili.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning...

Teaching and interacting with children.

A spiritual lesson I'm learning...
Honoring and submission to those in authority.

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Charity... suffereth long, is kind, envieth not, vaunteth not itself,
isn't puffed up, behaveth not unseemly, seeketh not her own,
is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, rejoiceth not in iniquity,
rejoiceth in truth, beareth all things, believeth all things,
hopeth all things, endureth all things, and never faileth!

Scripture I am memorizing…
1 John 3

For the rest of the week…
Teaching piano tomorrow,
1/2 & 1/2 fellowship at church Friday,
cleaning, working on my foreign languages,
preparing for Mother's Day,
(Stepahani are singing "A Mother's Prayer".)
and various other things that'll pop up.

A picture I’d like to share...
I've wanted to try putting elastic

in a dress for a while now (instead of ties),
and finally decided to try it with my newest one...

I really liked the way it turned out.
I hope to make them with elastic more often now.

I hope you all have a great week!

To learn how to participate, click HERE.

If you participate,
please sign the Mr. Linky below,
leaving a direct link to your Daybook post,
so I (and others) can visit.





9 comments:

Alli said...

Is it easier sewing with elastic? I would think that it would be hard. I am glad it turned out great! I am still waiting for my post to come through e-mail from my Mom.

Blessings,
Miss Alli

Susannah said...

Yea! I'm second! ;) Your dress looks very nice! I should make myself more clothes!
That is so neat that you got a reply from Dr. Wile! I really like his science books!
Hmm...learning Swahili...my sister would be jealous! ;)

~Susannah

Lindsay said...

What a cute dress, Alexandra! I want to make one of those for myself. :) Which pattern did you use?

Have a blessed evening!

~ Lindsay

Anonymous said...

nice dress,I How about a cute belt?
Can't wait to see you at your Graduation..
Love Grandma Jeannie

Hannah Paige said...

I love that dresss Ally!♥ You did a wonderful job.

~Hananh Paige♥

Violinist4Christ said...

That's so cool that Dr. Wile wrote back to you!

Your dress is so pretty! Great job!

(By the way, sorry for forgetting to do the daybook yesterday!)

Alli said...

When are you graduating? Are you graduating with other teens or by yourself? I hope you post pics of your graduation. I am going to do Business Math in eleventh grade :)

Blessings,
Miss Alli

Alli said...

What does the saying you put on your godly character trait mean? It seems interesting to learn.

Blessings,
Miss Alli

Anonymous said...

I love your dress!
Where did you get the pattern for it? I can't find patterns or clothes ANYWHERE!
I'd love to learn to sew some more!

God bless-
A.W.
<>< <>< <><

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin