Monday, April 13, 2009

Young Maiden's Daybook - April 13



Today…
April 13, 2009


Outside my window…
It's cloudy and gloomy,

maybe we'll get some rain??

I am thinking…
I should've found something to post before this...

now I have 2 daybooks in a row!

I am thankful for…

God's wonderful love!
I'm overwhemled to think that the
only One who really knows everything about me
is the One who loves me more than anyone!


I am wearing…
brown cotton long sleeve dress


I am reading…
1 Chronicles, Psalms, Proverbs, Zechariah, Hebrews (KJB);
"Shadow of the Almighty" by Elisabeth Elliot;
"The Total Money Makeover" by Dave Ramsey


I am creating…

Various crocheted projects.

One of my favorite things…
That God answers prayers!
I'm so glad He takes the time to listen
and truly cares about us!

For education this week…

Modern Greek.
Sending out graduation intvitations.

A keeper at home skill I am using/learning…

Trying to rise early!! I'd prefer about 6:00.
(I'm finally able to move at 7:30 some!)

A spiritual lesson I'm learning...
Meditating on God's Word.
Even when God says to 'stop and meditate' (Selah),
do we ever really stop? And actually meditate?

A godly character trait I plan to work on…
Charity... suffereth long, is kind, envieth not, vaunteth not itself,
isn't puffed up, behaveth not unseemly, seeketh not her own,
is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, rejoiceth not in iniquity,
rejoiceth in truth, beareth all things, believeth all things,
hopeth all things, endureth all things, and never faileth!

Scripture I am memorizing…

I've finally decided I want to memorize a whole chapter!
I plant to work on 1 Peter 4.


For the rest of the week…
Playing out of a new 'Advanced Piano Solos' book :-),

sending graduation invitations, getting out to the music store
for some fiddle and guitar strings, finish a dress,
make more nightgowns (I found a pattern I love!),
and work intensely in my Modern Greek.

A
picture I’d like to share...

The past 6 years of Stephani and I...









What a blessing to have a special earthly friend for so many years!
We hope to get this year's picture sometime soon :)

Have a great week!

To learn more about participating, click HERE.

If you participate,
please sign the Mister Linky below, leaving a direct link
to your Daybook post, so I (and others) can visit, too.



5 comments:

Alli said...

I loved those pictures. It was amazing to see how you two have grown over the years. I love the last one and the one before that.

Blessings,
Miss Alli

Shelby Thomas said...

Aww... love the pictures... so sweet!

Christ's blessings,
Shelby

Miss Eyebright said...

Well, I'm sure you will have a fabulous graduation, no matter how you plan it! Did I tell you that it poured rain at my graduation BBQ? Around 100 people were crowded into our double-wide manufactured home. That made things rather interesting!

I really like to read your daybook posts. It makes me want to be more industrious with my time, which is a good thing!

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of book or curriculuum are using for your Modern Greek?

Have a very bright, very cheerful day!
Miss Eyebright

Ladybug said...

Hi,
How are you? I am great!
That is a great idea to do the picture's every year like that! So is that just a friend, or a sister? It is fun seeing how everybody changes thrue the years!
You play the guitar and violin? I play both! lol
Well I got to go.
Have a blessed evening!

God Bless,
Anna

Amber said...

I enjoyed reading your Daybook. I have a hard time getting up, too.
Amber

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin